Started in 1929 by Kenny Macleod and his bother-in-law Donald Macleod. Kenny's son Willie took on the business in the early 60's and ran it along with his business partner Alex Ross who joined the business in the late 70's until Willie's retirement in 2000.
On his fathers retirement Willie's son Kenneth took on his fathers role within the business and he and Alex continued to run the business together until Alex's retirement in 2013. Since then Kenneth has continued the business.
In 2015 MacLeod and MacLeod opened a second shop at Westview terrace in Stornoway. MacLeod and MacLeod have served the island communities of Lewis and Harris with the finest quality meat products, and is the longest established butcher within Stornoway.
The tight knit team of professional butchers adhere to the strict quality guidelines set by the founders Kenny and Donald MacLeod.
MacLeod and MacLeod have successfully built upon the reputation established by the MacLeod family to become a premier producer of Stornoway Black Pudding throughout Scotland.